Saturday, August 29, 2015

Elmer's Glue: Main Ingredient for Homemade Mod Podge for Gothic-inspired journal covers

One of the finest things that La Simero Handmade was able to showcase to its clients in the Philippines are the following journals sold months ago. These are one of the Gothic-inspired journals made out of mod podging. 

Before I never knew about mod podging. Not until after searching about crafts in YouTube and found out that mod podging is what I have been doing years ago. It is placing texture to crafts through using the Mod Podge and whatever materials you could find at home. 

In my case, I usually use some plies of tissue paper and place it to the cardboard and wet it through my so-called mod podge with a mixture of Elmer's Glue and water. Neither did I know that by having that particular mixture is already a mod podge. Well, the homemade one. 

You can find several ingredients to make your own mod podge. But the basic ingredients are water and a whole bottle of Elmer's Glue. That's it! You already have your own Mod Podge. 

What you can see below are the products of mod podging using my homemade Mod Podge. After that, I colored the entire covers with some poster paints then repeat the the process of placing mod podge to the painted covers. Wait until they dry. 

To achieve the Gothic look, I placed some of the stuff like chains, and some charms I bought from the market. Then, I placed them in the covers through the use of my hot glue gun. Voila! 

To bind the pages, I used Coptic binding stitch to make the pages flat while doing sketching, whatsoever with these journals. 

Thanks to Elmer's Glue, I was able to achieve these good looking, stunningly amazing Gothic-inspired handmade journals! 




No comments:

Post a Comment